Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time Flies

Tomorrow will be our 20th wedding anniversary! I can't believe how time has flown for us. James is 19 and just finished his first year of college, Elizabeth is 17 and will graduate from high school next year and our baby, Ben, is 15 and just completing his freshman year of high school. They have grown so fast and yet I can still remember the way they smelled and how it felt to hold them in my arms and rock them to sleep each night.

If you are a new parent, please take pleasure in each and every moment of their lives while they are babies, because they grow so fast. Do everything you can with them while they grow, make wonderful memories with them. Keep them close don't push them away, if anything, pull them closer and enjoy your time with them.

I treasure every moment and every event I attend with my kids. I have been a Cub Scout and Girl Scout Leader, a chaperone for band events, a soccer coach and anything else I could to be near my kids. I treasure all of the time I have had with them and love to hear from them how much they love me for all I have done with them. They are growing in to fine adults and I believe they will be great parents.

Mother's Day was wonderful, I was treated like a queen. Tonight they gave me my anniversary presents and I cried like a baby at the beautiful words they wrote in the cards.

Just remember that life is not measured by the breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away. I know I wait for moments like that and have had many of them.

God Bless you all!!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Twenty years seems impossible. I remember it too well.
Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Kris I love your blog site...I love and miss you my friend.
Paula