Monday, September 19, 2011

My "Baby" turned 19

On September 9, my youngest son turned 19 and entered the last year of his teen years! Where have the years gone? I know every mother asks this, but I really mean it. My oldest is getting married in May, my daughter is getting married then too and not talking to us, and now my "baby" is in his last year of being a teenager and truly an adult. He is in college, he just got his first job, and he is starting to pay his own way. It won't be long till he is on his own. The empty nest syndrome I have long been dreading is starting to set in.

Another milestone hit very close to this one, my Dad turned 69 on September 13th. I can't believe he will be 70 next year. He seems so young too! He has survived a stroke and a heart attack and yet he still manages to do all his own yard work and anything else he sets his mind too!! Remember he and Mom just celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary in August!! I think he will be around for a lot longer!

Ben - 15 months - Fairbury, Illinois visiting Great Grandpa Zehr, we were at Aunt Sue and Uncle Eddie's house in a park playing in the mud.

No comments: