Friday, October 10, 2008

High School Dramas

You know I remember quite a few dramas occurring during my high school years, but I must be either forgetful or just getting very old, cause I don't remember them being as bad as the ones I see at Trinidad High.

The dramas that unfold every day are getting so outrageous. I won't go into specifics, if you only knew, I think you would just throw your hands in the air and scream, like I want too.

I swear these kids today are 10 times worse than anyone of us were at their age. I have heard it said many times, "times are a changing and things are going to Hell in a hand basket", well ain't that the truth!!!!!

I keep telling myself, as I so often heard growing up, this is just a phase. But you know, I don't think that is the case with this generation! I think this is something they will never outgrow. They feel this strong urge to beat the crap out of everyone, to talk smack all the time, and to steal each other's boyfriends and girlfriends. I remember so many times these things happening to me or people I knew but they blew over in just a day or two. Today, you are lucky if you can get them to forget about these things for even one day, cause let me tell you they would rather let them fester for months.

Case in point, (with no names), I know of a fight that occurred in January that keeps being brought up by one individual even though the other has let it drop. The one who is keeping it alive, just can't seem to move on, in fact this person keeps elaborating about it making it bigger than it really was. Why???

Sorry for ranting but tonight's game at THS just proved my point and cause me to have the need to vent. I see teacher's trying every day to teach these kids to let things go and to learn to get along with others and be a team. I see the best teachers getting the shaft for trying so hard, and it is just so frustrating. They are the ones doing the right thing and yet they are the ones who may be terminated for trying so hard. Why???

We can't let good teachers leave or get fired. We have to keep trying to get through to these kids. Don't give up, Scream louder if you have too!! Pray out loud, Shout to the Lord!!! Let him guide you and make sure you pray for the kids!! I know I will be!!

God Bless you all!!

No comments: