Friday, October 31, 2008

The Election

I have to agree with a friend of mine who said "Thank God there are only five days left!" She is referring to the election and the end of the endless phone calls, flyers, tv ads, etc. I have to say I am so ready for the phone to stop ringing. I hate picking it up to find a long pause and then someone's recorded message that they are calling for whatever candidate they are calling for. I have gone to hanging up before the first five words are out of their mouths. I can't stand it!!! I have also gone to recording most of my favorite tv shows on the DVR then watching them when they are done so I can fast forward thru the commercials and ads.

I have to agree with Jeanne that I would much rather vote for someone who doesn't really want the position as they would seem to be more normal. She also said she wishes we could go back to the times when politicians rode on trains or buses to campaign. AMEN!! Let's go back to that so we can all have some peaceful ad free nights to watch our favorite tv shows and listen to the radio ad free. I am also tired of all the flyers in my mail box, I hate junk mail!! If I had a fireplace it would be going 24 hours a day just burn all the political junk I get in my mail box. Boy what a savings that would be on my electric bill...LOL!!

Ok, enough ranting and back to enjoying the light at the end of the political campaign tunnel...remember only 5 more days!!

God Bless you all!! and may the best man win!!

No comments: