Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life Stinks Right Now

I started this blog to keep you all posted on things going on around here. I have tried to keep them light and enjoyable, not to serious. However that can't always be the case. Things around here seem to be going downhill fast. It has been 18 months since David lost his job. Eighteen months of fighting to survive each day on the meager income from my part-time job and his VA disability. Praying each day we can make it through and so far so good, I guess you could say. Without the help of our family and our Church family, we wouldn't be.

Thank God for all of our family and our friends. There have been months I have really thought we would lose our apartment, utilities or not have enough food to survive. Most of those times it has come down to the last possible moment to keep us a float. It is during those times my prayers have been just about hourly, but in most cases they are daily that we will have the strength to endure.

Now is another of those times when it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is fading fast. We have been trying to locate an attorney to help us with the case against the State of Colorado for wrongful termination, we have had no luck. Now it seems we must concede that we don't have a case and give into to the State attorneys and settle for a change in his file. They have offered to remove all the harmful information such as the corrective actions and instead of showing he was terminated, they will say he voluntarily resigned. This will help when looking for another job but it does not help the financial situation. We countered their settlement offer with one that included these changes and asked for a monetary settlement as well. As of today they have not responded and we are expected to answer their pre-hearing articles by tomorrow. We really need an attorney to help us with the answers but since there is not one available to help us, David is going to call them tomorrow and tell them he wants the settlement they originally offered and call it quits.

Once again, the government wins!! They have the power and the money to fight until there is no more fight in the little person. Like I said before "Life stinks right now!" As the old saying goes, you can't fight city hall and win. We found out the hard way. I just hope we don't have to say this about the fight we have going with the Veteran's Administration. I hope and pray we will prevail in that one.

I guess I have rambled enough for now. I feel some better, not crying as much as I was. But things will not totally be back to a more normal state until one or two of several things happen....David gets a job, the VA comes through with his disability increase or we win the lottery (which won't happen cause we don't have the money to play)! Thanks for letting me vent, I hope I haven't upset anyone too much. May God Bless each and everyone of you!

No comments: