Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Here in Aurora

Ben and I have made our move to Aurora. We arrived yesterday afternoon. Last night we took some time to relax and unpack. We also watched my sisters bowl and played with Emma.

Today, I tried to register Ben in school. We arrived at the central registration office for Aurora Public Schools at 12pm only to find they were closed. Get this, for a large school district with one central registration office they are only open from 7:30 to 11 am each weekday. How lame is that! You have to register at this office, not at the schools. Things sure have changed from when I was in school and from the way things are done in Trinidad.

I looked at the Sunday classifieds that my Mom saved for me. I found a few jobs that I will call on or send resume's too. But I can tell you I AM SCARED! I have not face to face interviewed in over 10 years. I have not worked outside my home in an office or store or whatever in over 10 years. I have been an online Customer Service Rep for the last 3 years, so facing people again and trying to sell myself is frightening!!

It does not help the situation that I am here with only one of my three kids. I love Ben dearly and I am glad I am not here alone, but leaving Beth, James and David has been hard. Yes, David will be here in about 5 weeks but James has not decided what he will do. He may stay in Trinidad to finish his year at TSJC. Beth, of course, is staying there to graduate in May, seems like such a long time to be away from her. Whether we are fighting or not, I love her and wish we were in the same city.

Mom says, "stay busy you will get through" I know she is right but it is hard to do when you feel paralyzed with fear. I am praying many times during the day for God to show me the way and keep me strong. I know I can get through, just needed to vent.

God Bless everyone!

No comments: